Today's Challenges In Virtual Leadership
Ezra's white paper on today's challenges of virtual leadership showcases the key concerns of leadership teams with effectively managing a remote workforce.
1 out of 5 HR leaders were concerned about the challenge of transitioning from onsite to remote working. Of these
- 17% worried about keeping employees engaged
- 7% worried about keeping employees productive
- 5% worried about keeping employees connected
Interestingly, 80% of employees have said they would now turn down a job offer that did not offer any degree of flexible working. In addition, 80% of leaders think that productivity has improved thanks to flexible working. By comparison, 1/3 of employees think that their manager’s response to remote management isn’t that effective.
What are the managers of remote workers mainly concerned about?
- 82% worry about reduced employee productivity
- 82% worry about reduced employee focus
- 81% worry about reduced employee satisfaction
These concerns are valid ones for management staff. Research shows that disengaged workers have
- 37% higher absenteeism
- 18% lower productivity
- 15% lower profitability
In fact a disengaged worker costs their company 34% of the annual salary, or $3400 for every $10,000 that they make.
Key virtual leadership skills are
How can virtual coaching help virtual leaders?
- 86% of companies see a positive ROI from coaching
- 80% of people who receive coaching are more self confident
- 70% of people who receive coaching see improved performance
Coaching helps to solve significant problems in a virtual leadership/virtual working environment:
- Solves recognition
- Manages development
- Improves employee experience
- Develops empathy
- Builds trust
Download the full white paper today. <— need to edit this link.